Wednesday 25 April 2012

A little something: Hanging out with Yael & Tal

Yael & Tal is a playful jewellery brand founded only last year by Israeli jewellery graduates Yael Serfaty and Tal Salomon, who created a collection inspired by the way photography captures split-second moments, but that I adore for its sense of the everyday.

When I saw their work the phrase that came to mind was 'hoi polloi'. Not because I thought low of their designs but because they gave me a sense of the banalities of life - something rarely celebrated in jewellery. Whether it is a lone figure eating lunch on a park bench, a person sitting thinking about life or cosying up with their other half, I'm intrigued by the strangely voyeuristic feel of their jewellery.

It makes me want to take a closer look, or invent some kind of who, what, where and why story for the little characters that feature. In fact, it's like you're wearing the Borrowers.





2 comments:

  1. These are such great jewelry pieces! Looking at these I want to create stories for each piece as well! Such a creative and unique concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears like your site ate my first comment so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything.

    ReplyDelete